Secure remote backup
- Which to use: rsync (over EncFS over SSHFS), Duplicity, rdiff-backup?
- Remote: backup over LAN or Internet to remote host, preferably off-site.
- Secure: backup and transfers must be encrypted. (Better to not trust remote host — it's safer, and adds flexibility.)
- Simple recovery. (Mirrored file-system would be far more convenient than archive files (eg, tarballs).)
- Bandwidth: uploads must be efficient, ie transfer only deltas, because frequent and behind asymmetric connection.
- History (versions)
(Appending notes disabled temporarily.)
Last modified 2008-10-18 16:07:30 +0000