(Only discussing aspects relevant to "origin" server. Specifically, skipping rules for cache and client-controlled behavior when irrelevant.)
- Conceptual model
- Empiricism: actual performance, behavior patterns, implementations survey.
- A mess. Needs reorganizing.
- The standard: RFC2616: HTTP/1.1 (1999). (Currently(2008) being amended.)
- Key Differences between HTTP/1.0 and HTTP/1.1 (1999-05) / Balachander Krishnamurthy, Jeffrey C. Mogul, David M. Kristol.
- Clarifying the Fundamentals of HTTP (2002-05) / Jeffrey C. Mogul (cf also ResearchIndex). Hardly, or rather clarifying some problems with HTTP's thinking.
(Appending notes disabled temporarily.)
Last modified 2008-03-08 14:14:47 +0000