Worse is better?
[Neo:] Why am I here? [The Architect:] … the anomaly is systemic… as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human… I have come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind… a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection.
- Paradox resolutions
- Sarcasm/cynicism: denial.
- Analysis: constructive, insights.
- File systems are (like) object stores, no? And way more popular than DBMSs.
- "Nobody seems to read Knuth anymore. We program on machines. Paying attention to the machines is not a bad thing. I want to be aware of the disks and networks (well, some of the time)."
- At what price?
- "IS organizations see a standard RDBMS as an integration point."
- * is hard. (Consistency/integrity, efficiency, concurrency, understandability, scalability, recovery…)
(Appending notes disabled temporarily.)
Last modified 2009-10-26 14:29:26 +0000